Lyclear 5% w/w Dermal Cream belongs to a group of medicines called pyrethroids, which are anti-parasitic agents. Lyclear Dermal Cream is used to treat scabies and crab louse infections.
How to use
- Always use this medicine exactly as described in this leaflet or as your doctor/pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
- Ensure the skin is clean, dry and cool.
- If you take a warm bath prior to treatment, the skin should be allowed to cool before the cream is applied.
- Carefully apply a thin layer of the cream to the skin (see “How and when should you use Lyclear Dermal Cream?
- The cream rubs easily into the skin. It is not necessary to apply more cream until you can see it on the surface.
- Usually a single application clears the infection. If you are in doubt about the success of treatment, consult your doctor.
- Lyclear is not suitable for use in babies under 2 months of age.
Treatment of scabies:
- Adults and adolescents over 12 years of age: Apply up to 30 g of cream (corresponding to one tube)
- Children aged from 6 to 12 years: Apply up to 15 g of cream (corresponding to half of a tube)
- Children aged from 2 months to 5 years: Apply up to 7.5 g of cream (corresponding to a quarter of a tube)
- Newborns and infants under 2 months: There is only limited data available in this age group and no dose can be recommended (see also section 2 under “warnings and precautions”).
What it's contains
- The active substance is permethrin (5% w/w equivalent to 50 mg/g).
- The other ingredients are triglycerides (medium chain), glycerol monostearate 90%, macrogol (2) cetyl ether, glycerol, isopropyl myristate, liquid paraffin, wool alcohols, cetomacrogol 1000, carbomer 974P-NF, formaldehyde solution (see section 2), butylhydroxytoluene (E321) , sodium hydroxide and purified water.
Always read the enclosed leaflet before using this product.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.